I didn't have to make dinner all weekend. We were invited to dinner Friday at our friends' the Yate's house, and had the Ward BBQ on Saturday. Sarah and her friend had been at a "dress up as your favorite book character" birthday party. Sarah was Nancy Drew.
Rachel tagged along with Sarah and her friends.
The next week we tested out a new park. The girls were laughing at
Adam and the kid we didn't know having fun screaming at each other through the speaker.
Rachel and Adam have been special little buddies. Here she is admiring Adam's cute tiny footprint.
Adam decked out to swim.
Rachel secretly decked out to swim with him. Surprise!
She got done with school quickly so she could join him.
Here they are playing "Spanish Buzz" where Buzz dances with Jessie.
I love to see them so sweetly playing together.
I'm glad they are such good buddies.
Adam's 2nd try on his bike. He has trouble with the pedals, but is determined.
I don't know what he's doing either, I just liked that he was doing it.
We had Adam's friend Ethan over again.
He likes to spray the hose in Adam's face, which Adam likes for a few seconds, but not for too long.
So we put the hose away and got out the bubbles. Everyone liked that.
The girls brought Benton, Ethan's brother, out to join in the fun.
Benton enjoyed it, at least he didn't say he didn't.
Sarah decided to help him start ear training early.
The girls are so sweet with him. It has been great practice for them to have a baby around.
Everything he does they find absolutely adorable, just as they should.
Dad is feeling his burden and is ready to burn this backpack. The semester is almost over and then summer school, and one more year. He says, "it's SO Heavy...and symbolic!" We really are planning a funeral for that backpack. He has carried it through multiple degrees now and is starting to harbor ill feelings towards it and all that it represents. He is ever cheerful, but you have to admit you can only stand the sight of something day in and day out for so long.
A heavy burden I've been given this month is bugs. Bugs in the food storage and all over the house, I we even find them under pillows and climbing the bathroom tub. We think they came from the boxes the wheat cans came in at the cannery. We have overhauled everything, vacuumed, cleaned, reorganized all our hidden food stashes, and called the exterminator and I hope I never have to go through this again! It is exhausting. I didn't take pictures of tearing the house all apart, I was too... well....exhausted.
In school we are learning about cooking and the systems of the body. Rachel made a special fruit punch....which we used bits of with straws making a spinal cord and learning about the nervous system. I wouldn't have planned those building materials, but as always, we were winging it.
Adam is especially enjoying learning about the body and has learned many vocabulary words which he incorporates into his daily life. For example, he now calls for us from the bathroom to come wipe his gluteous maximus. Boys.
No comments:
Post a Comment